2023 Season Registration
Registration for 2023 is open as of March 14th all new and returning players.
Returning members will receive a league-wide email to announce open registration. Returning members will have 2 weeks to register their child prior to opening registration for new members.
To register please contact Trina Porada at email@example.com or 248-636-8889 or find online registration here.
You can find other important information and forms for registering to become a Commerce Charger on the downloads page.
Feeder schools for the Commerce Chargers:
- Dublin Elementary
- Mary Helen Guest Elementary
- Keith Elementary
- Glengary Elementary
- Loon Lake Elementary
- Oakley Park Elementary
- Pleasant Lake Elementary
- Sarah Banks Middle School
- Walnut Creek Middle School
- Clifford Smart Middle School
Football is comprised of four teams: Flag, Freshman, Junior Varsity, and Varsity with approx. 30-35 players per team (flag is a max of 21). See below for age and weight divisions. Each player gets a minimum 5-7 plays in each half of every game. Practice begins in August and the season runs through the end of October.
Football Player Age Requirements and Weight Maximums
- 6 or 7 years old on May 1st
- No weight restrictions
- 8 or 9 years old on May 1st
- Weight Maximum 130 lbs.
- Junior Varsity
- 10 or 11 years old on May 1st
- Weight Maximum 160 lbs.
- 12 or 13 years old on May 1st
- Weight Maximum 195 lbs.
- 14 years old on May 1st
- Weight Maximum 145 lbs.
- 12 or 13 years old on May 1st
Cheerleading squads are broken down into Flag, Freshman, Junior Varsity, and Varsity with approx. 20-25 girls on each squad. Cheerleaders are grouped according to grade level. The cheerleading season begins in August and runs through the end of October.
Cheerleader Age Requirements
- Flag – 1st or 2nd Grade
- Freshman – 3rd or 4th Grade
- Junior Varsity – 5th or 6th Grade
- Varsity – 7th or 8th Grade
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the registration fees?
- Registration fees are used to pay for practice field, stadium and concession use at Walled Lake Central.
- Game uniforms which consists of helmets, shoulder pads, game jersey, game pants, socks, practice jersey and practice pants
- Cheer uniforms which consists of cheer top, skirt and Chargers coat
- Referees, onsite paramedics on game days, liability insurance
- Administrative Software for team management and payment acceptance
- Special events, sometimes t shirts for those events
- Yearbook at banquet, player awards at banquet
When does the season start and how long is it?
- Our season starts at the beginning of August.
- Our first games start at the end of August.
- We play 8 games, playoffs are at the end of October.
- The season ends with the Superbowl at the end of October.
- The cheer season also includes an indoor competition at the end of the season prior to banquet.
What days and times are practices?
- Practices for tackle football are Monday thru Friday, 6:00pm-8:30pm the month of August. After the first game practices are Tuesday thru Friday 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- Flag players/Flag Cheer practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00pm-7:30pm.
- Cheer Freshmen, Junior Varsity and Varsity practice Tuesday through Thursday 6:00pm-8:00pm.
Where are practices?
Practices are held at Walled Lake Central High School off of Commerce road behind the tennis courts and baseball diamonds.
Where are the games?
Home games are played at Walled Lake Central High School.
What days and times are the games?
Games are played on either Saturday or Sunday.
- Flag: 9am
- Freshman: 11am
- JV: 1pm
- Varsity: 3pm